1 Teen Dead, 4 Different Victims Injured In The Wake Of Shooting Behind Philadelphia Secondary School

A shooting in a drive-by behind an Philadelphia high school on Tuesday afternoon killed a teenager and wounded four others police reported.

Players were leaving the field following an NFL football game at Roxborough High School at about 4:41 p.m. at the time a car came up, and several shootings were fired out of the car in a statement issued by Philadelphia Police. The suspects left the scene in a car, police said.

Two individuals are believed to be responsible for apprehension of them, Philadelphia First Deputy Commissioner John Stanford said.

Police initially stated the victims were four, as well Philadelphia Police Officer Tanya Little claimed that the four victims were minors and players on the team football.

The victim, who was 14 years old, was declared dead at 5:10 p.m. According to police. A 17-year-old and a 14-year-old were taken to local hospitals, both in stable conditions. Another person was taken to the hospital but there’s no details about the individual as of now police say.

The fifth person, who was a college student was wounded by an arrow According to Stanford.

There have been no arrests according to police.

“There is a family that has a name who’s son will not arrive home until today and that’s the main part,” Stanford said.

Stanford urged parents to speak with their children about gun violence and guns. “Try to talk with your children about gun violence,” Stanford said. “Have an exchange regarding what it means.that death is the final word… It’s a fact. do not know how many of people understand that death is the finality of death, it’s permanent, and you can’t return from it.”

Philadelphia School Administrator Tony Watlington told CNN in an announcement that the district will employ social workers and counselors on site in the schools “as necessary to assist students and teachers as they grieve and process this tragic event.”

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney called the shooting “needless violence.”

“There is no word to describe what happened earlier this evening,” Kenney tweeted. “Another young life was lost and other people wounded by a senseless act of violence. Tonight families will begin to confront the loss of their beloved one. My heartfelt condolences go out to the family.”

Kenney was also vocal about how important an executive order that he issued on Tuesday that prohibits the use of firearms and other weapons that could be deadly from recreation facilities in cities.

“I’ll repeat it that rec centers, schools and public spaces need to be secure,” he said in another tweet. “That’s the reason I signed an Executive Order today to ban firearms at our parks and rec sites. This violence must stop , and the cowards who have used the weapons should be held accountable.”

Leave a Comment