A family and community are praising one little boy from New Tazewell, Tennessee, after he saved his little sister during a house fire.
On December 8, the Davidson family went to bed as usual, but the children’s mother Nicole Davidson woke up in the middle of the night to the smell of smoke and realised her house was on fire. According to CNN, Nicole and her husband Chris jumped out of the burning building with their 2-year-old son Elijah and 7-year-old Ali, who the couple have been raising for almost a year. But their 22-month-old daughter Erin was trapped in her room, surrounded by flames.
“The smoke and fire was so thick that there was no way I could get to her,” said Chris Davidson. – We went outside to get to her through the window, but I had nothing to stand on to reach her. So I picked up Ali, who climbed through the window and was able to grab her from the cot.”
By the time the fire brigade arrived on the scene, the house was in full blaze and after extinguishing there was almost nothing left of the house. “I was scared, but I didn’t want my sister to die,” 7-year-old Ali later said.
Authorities reportedly suspect that an electrical fault was the cause of the incident.