TOP persons were divided by activity categories.
The American agency Bloomberg was the top 50 people who achieved the most outstanding achievements in their field in 2020. The list is available on the agency’s website.
The list consists of five main categories: politics, business, entertainment, finance, science and technology. An additional category includes people whose inclusion in the list of main people “will not surprise anyone”.
In the category “Politics” are named outstanding:
- Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, who is considered the winner of the presidential elections in Belarus;
- Luis Lacalle Pau, president of Uruguay;
- Alicia Garza, Patrice Callors and Opal Tometi, founders of the Black Lives Matter movement.
In the “Business” category:
- Aurora James, founder of the Fifteen Percent Pledge project;
- Strave Massaya, founder of Econet Group;
- Reed Hastings, Head of Netflix.
In the category “Entertainment”:
- Billy Aylish, singer;
- Celeste Barber, actress;
- Donna Langley, head of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group.
In the category “Finance”:
- Kristalina Georgieva, Director of the International Monetary Fund;
- Baiga Bhatt and Vladimir Tenev, co-founders of the financial company Robinhood;
- Jane Fraser, from 2021 will be the head of Citigroup – the first woman-head of a major U.S. bank.
In the “Science and Technology” category:
- Zeng Yukun, head of Contemporary Amperex Technology;
- Gwynn Shotwell, President of SpaceX;
- Tim Bray, former vice president of Amazon;
- Anthony Fauci, chief immunologist at the White House.
The category of people whose inclusion on this list “will not surprise anyone” has been included:
- Russian President Vladimir Putin;
- US President Donald Trump;
- newly elected president Joe Biden;
- North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-un;
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel;
- President of France Emmanuelle Macron;
- President Xi Jinping of the People’s Republic of China;
- Pope Francis.
In addition, they fell into this category:
- Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon;
- Tim Cook, head of Apple;
- Ilon Mask, founder of SpaceX and Tesla;
- Mark Zuckerberg, head of Facebook.