British woman and her daughter almost died because of a hand grenade from the war

British woman and her daughter almost died because of a hand grenade from the war

The inhabitant of Great Britain found on the beach an object, which she thought to be a valuable fossil, and took it home. But it turned out to be a wartime grenade that burned up in her kitchen.

Jody Crews, 38, a resident of Deale, Kent County, was walking her dogs at the beach with her eight-year-old daughter, Isabella. There they noticed a certain object, which they mistook for a petrified bone. They decided to take it home and examine it.

Jodi confessed that she and her daughter liked to collect interesting glass and driftwood from the beach, which they then made crafts with. At home, she took pictures of her find and posted them on the Internet for experts to tell her what they were. One expert said it was ambergris, the so-called sperm whale vomit, which is very expensive. To be sure, the Internet user advised to pierce the object with a hot needle.
The woman decided to follow the advice, but when she pierced the shell, it began to melt and the object turned into a fireball. Crews threw the grenade into the sink and fled the kitchen. The ammunition melted the plastic windowsill, damaged the sink, and spread smoke through the house. Her daughter made her way outside, and Jody rushed out into the fresh air as well, taking her pets with her. Rescue workers soon arrived at the house.

Recall that in October in Taiwan, a fisherman found a fossil that turned out to be a very valuable sperm whale vomit. He was able to get a large sum of money for it.