The University of Southern California has agreed to pay more than $1.1 billion to former patients of gynecologist George Tyndall who were victims of sexual abuse at his hands. The compensation would be the largest sexual assault payout in the history of higher education.
The huge sum was revealed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court when attorneys for a group of 710 women who sued the university told a judge they had settled their claims for $852 million. The university had previously agreed to compensate dozens of other alumni and students with $215 million in a 2018 federal class action. A group of about 50 other cases have been settled for an undisclosed amount.
Tindall, the only gynecologist who worked full-time at a student health clinic from 1989 to 2016, has been accused of harassing an entire generation of women who attended the institution. After The Times uncovered his disturbing story at the university three years ago, the 74-year-old man had his medical license revoked and was arrested. He has pleaded not guilty to dozens of sexual assault charges and is awaiting trial.
This settlement eclipses recent payouts in other university scandals. The University of Michigan paid out $500 million in sexual abuse claims against gymnastics coach Larry Nasser, and the University of Pennsylvania settled Jerry Sandusky’s sexual abuse claims to the tune of more than $109 million.
- Position: CEO
- For about a year he worked in different companies as a Project manager, Community manager, PR manager. Before that, he worked as a Community manager at Wargaming.net for over three years. During that time the company made a great success. Also, Mikhail has been improving the Support team for several months.
- In his arsenal, he has experience in Community, PR, Project, Event, Content and several other areas.
- He notes his strengths in Community management, handling complex situations between company and client, and building and managing online teams.
- During his career, he has written numerous articles, guides and publications within companies.
- He has a technical background from college.
Mikhail is a goal-oriented person. Now he is fond of creating websites, learning foreign languages, sports and dreams of getting higher education in America.
| Facebook | Instagram | Linkedin | Twitter |