The incubation period of coronavirus is 4-5 days.
Specialists from China have compiled a list of symptoms of COVID-19, which develop in patients with coronavirus, reports Apostrophe.
The average incubation period of coronavirus is 4-5 days, during which a person, not knowing about his disease, can infect others.
Coronavirus begins with fever and cough; if there are these symptoms, you should be alert. Then, they are accompanied by nausea, diarrhea, sore throat, headache and muscle pain. The severe manifestation of the disease is evidenced by difficulty breathing.
Symptoms of coronavirus disease by day:
- 1-4 days. Mild symptoms. In most cases – fever rises, and then begins to cough. Even in the first days, the taste and smell may disappear. On the third day after the appearance of symptoms in hospitalized patients may develop pneumonia.
- 5-6 days. At this stage, breathing problems may occur, especially in patients at risk – pensioners and people with related diseases.
- 7-9 days. Patients begin to develop shortness of breath, pneumonia. If the lungs do not work enough, shock or arrhythmia may occur.
- 10-11 day. If the disease is severe, symptoms such as abdominal pain and loss of appetite are added. At this stage, patients are transferred to the intensive care unit.
- 12-16 day. The state of health of people with strong immunity – normalizes, by this time they begin to recover, by 16 day some are already discharged.
- Day 19. If the disease is serious, then on this day there is still breathlessness.
- 27 day. Most patients are discharged from the hospital, but not all have disappeared symptoms – they can be observed for a long time.