Doctors found a new danger on Independence Day

According to the American Pyrotechnics Association, US residents buy more than 258 million kilograms of fireworks each year. But it turned out that ordinary fireworks cause toxic metal emissions, especially copper, titanium, strontium and lead.

These elements are part of the fireworks to give color to the bursts of the explosion. However, if such smoke is inhaled, the skin and lungs of people and animals can receive, even if short-term, irreparable damage.

According to a new study by the University of Grossman in New York, many of America’s most beloved fireworks emit toxins. “Inhalation of smoke can cause long-term damage. Although people are only exposed to these substances for a short time each year, they are much more toxic than the pollutants we breathe every day, ”says lead author Terry Gordon.

The results are published in Particle and Fiber Toxicology.

Add comment