Representatives of the Tehran Fire Department told the ILNA news agency about the explosion in an office building on Wednesday night.
According to experts, the explosion occurred in one of the blocks of the building, which contained not only offices, but also residential premises. The cause of the explosion was said to be a gas leak.
“There was a relatively strong explosion on the second floor of the building. It was so strong that the walls of the block and two blocks next to it were destroyed. In addition, part of the facade of the building outside the building was destroyed. Fortunately, the explosion did not cause much damage to the upper floors and the buildings standing nearby,” said the fire department.
It is known that a 35-year-old woman was injured in the incident and she was given medical attention.