Fireworks Cause Utah Forest Fire

According to local authorities, the fire, called Traverse fire, covered acres of land in the area of ​​the city of Lehi. The cause of the forest fire was the launch of fireworks.

Local firefighters report that the fire began in the Traverse Mountains about 30 miles south of Salt Lake City from the launch of fireworks. And although several dozens of residents were evacuated in the area, so far not a single building has burned down. Also no one was hurt.

The use of fireworks is currently prohibited in Utah. They are only allowed on certain days, including Independence Day and Pioneer Day in July, as well as New Year.

The person who is believed to be responsible for the fire is collaborating with the authorities, Utah Fire Info reports.