Disinfectant for hands, created by the method of moonshine, caused hospitalization of 26 people, 4 of them died.
Unfortunately, people drinking or distilling hand sanitizer from alcohol are not uncommon for poisoning experts. But with a string of deaths and hospitalizations in Arizona, officials are sounding the alarm – at least 3 merles and 26 ended up in intensive care after using methanol-based hand sanitizer. They are all northeastern Arizona residents who used homemade sanitizers.
The United States previously banned dozens of hand sanitizers made in Mexico due to its methanol content, which can be deadly.