In western Mongolia, one of the teenagers died, who contracted the bubonic plague by eating a marmot.

Reported by CNN.

According to the representative of the Ministry of Health of Mongolia, Dordj Narangerel, marmots are not the first time they cause outbreaks of plague in the country.

In the village of Tughrug, in the Gobi-Altai region, a quarantine was introduced when the test showed the plague in a guy. The restrictions will last until July 17.

For safety reasons, 15 people who had contact with the teenager are isolated. According to the test results, they did not confirm the plague.

Authorities in China’s neighboring regions of Mongolia have also urged citizens to stay away from wild animals due to the risk of infection.