Miami tragedy: death toll rises to nine

The number of victims of a building collapse in Miami has risen to nine.

It became known in the evening of June 27.

According to Miami-Dade County Mayor Danielle Levin Cava, four of the nine confirmed victims have been identified so far.

The victims have been identified as 54-year-old Stacey Don Fang, 83-year-old Antonio Lozano, 79-year-old Gladys Lozano and 54-year-old and Manuel LaFont. The bodies of Fang and Antonio Lozano were discovered Thursday, law enforcement officials said. Gladys Lozano and LaFont were found Friday.

“We have identified four victims and notified relatives. We are working hard to identify those who have been found and, in addition, to contact their families as soon as we can,” she said.

The governor noted that an Israeli search and rescue team is already at the scene.

“A small team from Israel came to us. That’s what a lot of the families missing wanted,” she stressed.

DeSantis added that investigators will examine debris taken from the site of the building collapse.

“Obviously this debris has forensic value, so it will be tested,” she stated.