At previously empty border posts, several North Korean military officers noticed
The military units of North Korea began to occupy positions in the demilitarized zone on the border with South Korea. This is with reference to own sources reports Yonhap.
According to the publication, several previously North Korean military officers noticed at previously empty border posts.
On Wednesday, the General Staff of the North Korean People’s Army promised to create “civilian police posts” that had previously been withdrawn from the demilitarized zone in accordance with the military agreement between the DPRK and South Korea.
According to the publication, Pyongyang may have approximately 150 such posts.
According to representatives of the DPRK, such actions are a response to the fact that from the territory of South Korea a few days ago, activists threw propaganda leaflets into North Korean territory.
The representative of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of South Korea, Colonel Kim Jong Rak, said that the South Korean side is closely monitoring the actions of its northern neighbor.
“We are closely monitoring the North Korean military movements associated with these (warnings). But no direct and visible actions have been found so far,” he said.
The military spokesman added that North Korea would “pay the price” if it began provocative military operations against the South.