President Trump considered the possibility of launching an attack on a nuclear facility in Iran

This was stated by an official of the White House

Last week, President Trump requested options for a strike on Iran’s main nuclear facility, but eventually abandoned the move, a White House official said Monday.

Trump made the request during a meeting Thursday with his senior national security advisers, including Vice President Mike Pence, the new Acting Defense Minister Christopher Miller and General Mark Millie, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the official said.

The administration official confirmed the meeting, the New York Times reported. In an article, the newspaper reported that the advisers convinced Trump not to strike because of the threat of a wider conflict.

“He asked about options. They gave him scenarios, and in the end he decided not to take any steps,” the official said. The White House declined to comment.

During his four years as president, Trump pursued an aggressive policy toward Iran by withdrawing from the nuclear deal with Tehran signed by his predecessor Barack Obama.

The request for strike options came the day after a UN report said that Iran had completed the conversion of a number of improved centrifuges from a surface plant at its main uranium enrichment plant to an underground plant, a new violation of the nuclear agreement with leading nations.

Stocks of low-enriched uranium in Iran – 2.4 tons – currently far exceed the limit of 202.8 kg established by the agreement. Tehran produced 337.5 kg per quarter, which is less than 500 kg fixed by International Atomic Energy Agency for previous two quarters.

President Trump is trying not to start any serious armed conflicts and is seeking to withdraw U.S. troops from hot spots in line with his promise to stop what he calls “endless wars. The strike on Iran’s main nuclear facility in Netenza could turn into a regional conflict and create a serious foreign policy challenge for President-elect Biden.