On June 26, the leaders of Russia and France talked face-to-face on video communications.
- How are you, Vladimir? – Asked President Vladimir Putin the head of France, Emmanuel Macron.
- Hello! Fine! I am very glad to see you and hear you, Emmanuel, ”Putin said.
- Thank you, dear Vladimir. Mr. President, I am happy that we were able to find the time for this conversation, despite the fact that, as you said, we, unfortunately, communicate through the screen, through the camera. This allows us to save time on the flight, but, of course, it is not as pleasant as a personal meeting.
- It seems to me that we have already learned to work in a modern format. In some ways, it is even more effective than our usual meetings. Our old problems, the old threats that we must fight together, have not gone anywhere, unfortunately. This terrorism, and uncontrolled migration, and climate change, and pandemics in the broad sense of the word are possible, not only associated with coronavirus infections, but with infections in general. This, unfortunately, is a collapsing arms control system. All this together, of course, is our common agenda. I think that we will discuss everything that I have listed, we will talk, of course, about the growth of explosive potential in hot spots, and we will probably talk about the problems of Ukraine, the Balkans, the situation in Syria and Libya. I know that she bothers you. I know your attitude to organize collaboration in so many of these areas. We will strongly support your suggestions.
Macron sounded optimistic, was tuned to a meaningful dialogue with Russia.
- I believe that the crisis we are going through and other regional crises show the importance of the European space in the broad sense of the word – from Lisbon to Vladivostok. This is a real space of cooperation and peace. We understand the importance of this and the challenges that confront us, ”said the President of France.
“I want to once again confirm my invitation to the President of France, you, dear Emmanuel, to visit Russia with a full-format visit,” said Vladimir Putin.
- If there will be an opportunity for sanitary conditions, at the end of the summer I would like to take your offer and come on an official visit to Russia so that we can spend more time in a joint conversation.
Macron turns to Russia after he recently announced new evidence of “brain death of NATO.” So Macron calls the lack of internal coordination of actions in the unit.
On June 10, a Turkish frigate off the coast of Libya refused to comply with an order to inspect cargo from a French frigate participating in NATO operations. Avoiding search, the Turks took the French ship in sight. Such behavior was considered in France as “extremely hostile and aggressive actions.” Macron himself called the actions of Turkey off the coast of Libya a “dangerous game” incompatible with the status of a country – a member of NATO. “I bring you back to my statements at the end of last year about the“ death of NATO’s brain. ”I believe that the recent incident clearly demonstrates this,” he emphasized.
In response, Turkey, through the mouth of an official representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, put the French leader her diagnosis: “clouding of reason.” “What Macron called the dangerous game of our country’s support for the legitimate Libyan government at its request and within the framework of UN decisions can only be explained by clouding of reason,” said the Turkish politician.
In general, all this is somehow rude and not very similar to allied relations.