Soldiers in the US drank antifreeze and ended up in the hospital

Soldiers in the US drank antifreeze and ended up in the hospital

U.S. Army soldiers were in the hospital after drinking antifreeze, mistaking it for alcohol.

The incident occurred Jan. 28 as soldiers were completing a 10-day field exercise at Fort Bliss, Texas. “Initial reports indicate that the soldiers consumed the substance, believing they were drinking an alcoholic beverage. Initial toxicology tests revealed that the soldiers were poisoned by ethylene glycol,” the U.S. Army Public Affairs Office said in a statement.

A total of 11 people were injured, two of whom are in critical condition. It is also noted that Army and military base regulations prohibit the consumption of alcohol during field exercises.

Earlier, in December 2019, it was reported about the shooting at the U.S. Navy air base in Florida. It was set off by Saudi Air Force Lieutenant Mohammed Saeed al-Shamrani over a joke about his mustache.