Room plants create a cozy atmosphere in the house, moisturize and enrich the air in the room with oxygen, pleasing the eye. But sometimes our green friends can do harm.
First of all, it concerns a large number of large plants, especially planted in wooden tubs. The fact that the mold formed is a very strong allergen and can cause various allergic diseases, including bronchial asthma.
If someone in the family suffers from allergies or has small children in the house, some plants will have to be abandoned
- Monster is a very popular plant among bloggers. But this size meter in the dark absorbs a lot of oxygen for breathing, and emits unsuitable for breathing carbon dioxide.
In addition, in the intercellular matter of its leaves are needle formation, which can cause burning of mucous membranes. The monster’s energy is also pressurizing, so it is better to leave it for the office or botanical garden.
- Diffenbachia is an amazingly beautiful popular large plant, but its juice causes severe damage to the mucous membranes of the mouth, and can also swell the tongue. Diffenbahia juice can also cause chemical burns to the skin.
- All plants that release milk juice. If it gets into the digestive tract it can cause ulcers, burns, inflammation of the mucous membranes.
And if it gets into a large amount or individual intolerance, it may cause disorders of the digestive and nervous system of organs. This includes the popular punchettias – “Christmas star”.
- Plants belonging to the kutra family are the most famous among them oleander, its juice can cause cardiac disorders. But it blooms so beautifully.
Plants of the amaryllis family (clevia and hippeastrum) secrete mucus containing alkaloids when damaged.
- Decorative nightshade – poisonous berries, can cause vomiting and drowsiness.
- Azalia – poisonous leaves, overdose may cause vomiting and disorders of the central nervous system.
- Beresklet – fruits are dangerous, their large number may cause poisoning.
- Cactuses – prickles may damage the skin and cause inflammation.
Of course, if you love these plants, it is enough to follow the safety rules and try to put these plants out of reach.
Kitchen plants that can neutralize burning gas and tobacco smoke are good to keep in the kitchen. For this purpose, a wonderful plant – chlorophytum or “flying Dutchman.
Tradeskantsiya or “Indian gossip” is very good for humidifying the air and is perfect for children’s room. And leaves of tradescance are used by Indians, just like we use plantain, to treat minor cuts or scratches.
Vegetable antibiotics – phytoncides secrete laurel, geranium or geranium, room lemon, sansiviera (pike tail or mother-in-law tongue), hibiscus or “Chinese rose” (from its flowers make the famous carcade tea) and wax ivy.
And the wonderful aloe and kalanhoe healing plants not only secrete phytoncides, but are also used in folk medicine. It is known that the phytoncides of plants destroy the pathogens of dangerous diseases.
In the bedroom or nursery, it is better not to leave plants with a strong odor, such as geranium may cause headaches.
In the children’s room, it is better not to leave the most harmless plants. These are senpolia (Uzambar violet), hibiscus, chlorophytum, sansiviera, lavender, tradescance, butylon (room maple), rosemary, begonia, lemon or or orange tree.
Beautiful orchid phalaenopsis is not only an interior decoration – its air roots absorb harmful substances from the air.
By the way, plants that are dangerous for children are also dangerous for pets.