The summer sun is disastrous for many gadgets. In the heat they can overheat, turn off and eventually prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can lead to damage to the device. Sergey Kuzmenko, senior digital product testing specialist at Roskachestvo, told Radio Sputnik about how to protect gadgets.
“It is necessary to ensure that neither the power adapter, nor the charger itself, nor the phone itself are exposed to direct sunlight during charging. This is fraught with the fact that the plastic can soften or even melt, so the contacts lose their insulation, which can lead to short circuits, “- said Kuzmenko.
According to the expert, this could lead to the device or power adapter catching fire when they are plugged back into the socket. Their temperature during charging can reach 50-60 degrees. Because of this, condensation can occur, which will cause the smartphone to break down.
In case the gadget got very hot during charging, but not yet damaged, Kuzmenko advises to disconnect and put the device in a dark place. Do not try to cool it with improvised means, you can only make it worse.