The United States authorities take reports of intrusions into its airspace by unidentified flying objects very seriously and carefully investigate each such case. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said this at a regular briefing for journalists on Tuesday.
“We take very seriously reports of intrusions into our airspace by any aircraft, both identified and unidentified, and we investigate every one of them,” she said.
Psaki was asked whether U.S. authorities would be willing to release the full report on suspected UFOs, which is being prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence in conjunction with the Pentagon.
The report, which is supposed to show what the U.S. authorities know about unidentified flying objects, was mandated by the fiscal year 2021 budget, passed late last December, totaling up to $2.3 trillion. The bill was drafted under former President Donald Trump, and included this unusual requirement along with an economic stimulus package.
According to Psaki, current U.S. President Joe Biden supports the report. “Certainly the president supports having the Office of the Director of National Intelligence compile the report and meet those obligations,” she said.
At the same time, the White House press secretary stressed that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence itself will decide to what extent the contents of the report will be publicly disclosed. She also noted that U.S. authorities “do not discuss publicly for a number of reasons” what kind of threat the alleged UFOs may pose.
UFO research program
Earlier, former U.S. President Barack Obama on the air channel CBS confirmed the presence of the American authorities pictures of aerial phenomena, the nature of which, he said, is still unknown. At the same time, he rejected claims that the country’s government “keeps aliens and [their] ships” in some secret laboratory.
In late 2017, it was revealed that the Pentagon had previously operated a classified program to collect and analyze data on “abnormal aerospace threats.” In 2007-2012, $22 million was allocated for it. At first, the Defense Intelligence Agency of the U.S. Department of Defense was responsible for the program.
The program was led by a career U.S. military intelligence officer Luis Elizondo, who resigned in 2017. According to him, the reason for this step was that the Pentagon leadership did not take his work seriously enough.
After information about the existence of the program appeared in the media, the U.S. military department released a number of videos recording the contacts of American military pilots with suspected UFOs. In turn, the Congressional staff stated that the program did not bring any sensational data.